Updated Rules on Travel to Turkey (From 4 September 2021)
Within the scope of
the measures taken against the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the following
decisions regarding entry to the country have been taken by the authorities of
the Republic of Turkey, as effective from4 September 2021:
1) Passengers departing from Brazil, South Africa, Nepal or Sri Lanka have been banned to enter Turkey until a new decision to be taken. However, there is no obstacle for the passengers travelling from these countries to have a transit flight via Turkey, and our flights from the mentioned countries currently continue. Passengers arriving in Turkey from another country but have been in Brazil, South Africa, Nepal or Sri Lanka in the last 14 days shall be stipulated to submit a PCR test with negative result taken within maximum 72 hours before arrival, and such passengers shall be taken under quarantine for 14 days in locations to be determined by the governorships. If the result of the PCR test to be taken at the end of the 14thday of the quarantine is negative, the quarantine measure shall be ended. Passengers whose PCR test results are positive shall be taken under isolation from that date, and in the case that the result of the PCR test to be taken at the end of the 14thday of the test is negative, the measure shall be ended. Accommodation and transfer costs from airports shall be covered by the passengers.
2) Passengers arriving from Bangladesh, India or Pakistan or having been in these countries in the last 14 days, shall be exempted from the application of quarantine if they submit a PCR test with negative result taken within maximum 72 hours before entry to our country, and if they can document that they have been administered minimum two doses of vaccine and minimum 14 days have passed from the last dose. Our passengers who cannot submit these documents shall go into quarantine at their places of residence or at the addresses that they will declare. In the case that the result of the PCR test to be taken on the 10thday of the quarantine is negative, the quarantine shall be ended. Passengers who does not have a PCR test on the 10thday of the quarantine shall go into quarantine for another 14 days. If the test result is positive, an action shall be taken in line with the actual rules stipulated by the relevant authorities.
3A) Passengers arriving from Afghanistan or has been identified to be present in Afghanistan in the last 14 days shall be required to submit a PCR test with negative result taken within maximum 72 hours before entry to Turkey. These passengers shall be taken under quarantine for a period of 10 days in places to be determined by the governorships. Accommodation and transfer costs shall be covered by the passengers. If the result of the PCR test to be taken at the end of the 7thday of the quarantine is negative, the quarantine measure shall be ended.
3B) For travelling by air, the citizens of Afghanistan who have a residence or work permit in Turkey shall be admitted to board the flight on the condition that they submit valid permits of residence or work in Turkey. These people shall be exempted from hotel quarantine, and they may spend their quarantine periods at their address of residence. These passengers whose point of first entry to Turkey are cities other than İstanbul or Ankara shall be allowed to go to their addresses of residence only by private vehicles, and it shall not be allowed for them to board domestic flights or use public transportation.
3C) The citizens of the Republic of Turkey arriving from Afghanistan shall be exempted from hotel quarantine, and they will be able to spend their quarantine periods at their address of residence. These passengers whose point of first entry to the country are cities other than İstanbul or Ankara shall be allowed to go to their addresses of residence only by private vehicles, and it shall not be allowed for them to board domestic flights or use public transportation.
4) Within the scope of the 1. and 3A articles, passengers to be taken under quarantine are required to have their hotel bookings done through the contact information given in the link below before their travels, and in addition, they are required to pay the accommodation fee of the hotel they will stay likewise before their travels. In the case that our passengers fail to submit the document evidencing that they have made the payment of accommodation to our authorities at their first departure point, they shall not be admitted to board our flights as stipulated by the rules of the relevant authority.
5) Passengers travelling from the United Kingdom, Iran, Egypt and Singapore are required to submit a PCR test with negative result taken within maximum 72 hours before entry.
6) Passengers departing from the Netherlands and other countries that are not within the scope of previous articles should submit the documents/certificates at the first point of departure that they have been administered minimum two doses of a vaccine (vaccines approved by World Health Organization or Turkish Ministry of Health) (or one dose of Johnson&Johnson/Janssen vaccine) at least 14 days before entering into Turkey or have had COVID-19 disease within the last six months starting from the 28th day of the first PCR test with positive result. These passengers shall not be required to submit a PCR or rapid antigen test report with negative result and quarantine measures shall not be applied for them. In case of failure to submit a vaccination certificate or documents indicating that the passenger had COVID-19 disease, it shall be deemed adequate to submit a PCR test with negative result done within maximum 72 hours before entry or the negative rapid antigen test result done within maximum 48 hours before entry.
7) Passengers may be subject to PCR test by means of the method of sampling at points of arrival in entry to Turkey. Within this scope, these passengers shall be allowed to proceed to their final destination after their test samples are taken. If their test results are positive, they shall be taken under treatment in accordance with the Covid-19 Guidelines of the Ministry of Health. The passengers with positive test results and persons having been in close contact with such passengers shall be taken under quarantine for a period of 14 days at the addresses they have determined, and if the results of the PCR tests to be taken at the end of the 10thday are negative, the quarantine shall be ended. The quarantines of these people who are identified to have Delta variant shall be ended upon submitting a negative PCR test result at the end of the 14thday.
In addition to the information given above;
- Passengers under age of 12 are exempted from the PCR/Antigen test requirement and the application of certificate of vaccine.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 13:00 / 14:00 - 15:00
As of 25 January 2022 visa applications for Türkiye are no longer received at the Turkish Consulates General in Amsterdam, Deventer and Rotterdam. All types of visa applications in the Netherlands should be submitted to the Rotterdam Office of Vft GmbH. For applications and your questions please visit www.visaft.com
|4/27/2022||4/27/2022||National Day (King's Day)|
|5/5/2022||5/5/2022||Liberation Day (1945)|
|4/27/2023||4/27/2023||National Day (King's Day)|
|5/5/2023||5/5/2023||Liberation Day (1945)|
+31 10 766 0007 / +90 312 292 29 29